Why join GLT?
What can we offer you?
- We are one of the top performing trusts in the country.
- The Trust’s schools are amongst the highest performing schools in the country.
- The Trust is an outward facing multi-academy trust, and looks for opportunities for all our staff, at all levels, to contribute to the wider educational community.
- Our staff work in a completely disruption-free environment and we ensure there are excellent standards of behaviour in all of our schools.
- We look to reduce bureaucracy at every opportunity, providing leaders with the autonomy to lead. We encourage staff to work together and share best practice.
- Whatever your preference for city or country life, we have schools close to vibrant cities as well as in beautiful rural and coastal communities, with great transport links.
- We have a strong commitment to ensuring that our staff and governing bodies are representative of their communities.
Professional development and career progression
We recognise our employees as our most important asset and we are aware that the quality and commitment of our employees is critical to our success.
We are a high performing, yet supportive, environment that looks after the well-being of all colleagues, whilst challenging them to be the best they can be.
We offer excellent continuous professional development opportunities and career progression. We offer in-house and external training opportunities, as well as links to professional bodies to support staff across all our schools.
On starting your employment, you will be automatically entered into a pension scheme. This will either be the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) or the Teacher’s Pension Scheme. We will provide you with further information within your starter pack.
Cycle to work
You can make huge savings on a bike and permitted accessories when you sign up to the Cycle to Work scheme.
As an employee of the Greenshaw Learning Trust, you can benefit from discounts at over 2900 gyms, health clubs, leisure centres, yoga studios, boot camps and outdoor activities across the UK.
Employee Assistance Programme
Life – there’s a lot to juggle. Work, family, relationships, finances, health, the list goes on. Sometimes, meeting the demands of your work and personal life can be a real challenge. As your employer, we recognise this and therefore feel it is important that we provide you with an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to help take the strain when you need some extra support. Your EAP can save you time, and help reduce stress and anxiety, improving your well-being and freeing you up to focus on other things.
My Health programme
This scheme offers physiotherapy, counselling, nutrition and lifestyle coaching and clinic-based assessments. All services are chargeable but are offered at a competitive price.
Eye care voucher scheme
Eye tests will be provided to ensure users can comfortably see the screen and work effectively without visual fatigue.
If the test shows that the user requires glasses specifically for DSE work, the Trust will cover the cost of these glasses.
Green car scheme
Tusker is a salary sacrifice scheme that offers employees the opportunity to offset salary in exchange for a brand new electric or hybrid car. The scheme will contribute to the GLT commitment to reducing emissions and improving its carbon footprint.