Sir John Hunt Community Sports College
The Governing Body of Sir John Hunt Community Sports College in Plymouth, is proposing that the school should become an academy and join the Greenshaw Learning Trust.
The governors and school leaders have been carefully considering the future of Sir John Hunt Community Sports College and exploring different partnerships that will support continued school improvement. They concluded that it would be in the best interests of the students, staff and wider community to take advantage of the closer collaboration and stronger support it would get by being part of a multi-academy trust; and, having evaluated the options, that it should join the Greenshaw Learning Trust.
As part of the Greenshaw family of schools the school will benefit from and contribute to a close collaboration of like-minded schools - both primary and secondary - whilst retaining its character and its place at the heart of the local community.
The Greenshaw Learning Trust has a similar ethos to Sir John Hunt Community Sports College. The Trust understands the community the school serves and the strengths and needs of its students, and has the skills and experience that will help the school give them the best start in life.
If the proposals proceed to plan and the necessary formal arrangements are agreed between the school, the Greenshaw Learning Trust, the Department for Education and Plymouth City Council, it is expected that Sir John Hunt Community Sports College will join the Greenshaw Learning Trust on 1 September 2021.
You can read about the proposal in the leaflet here.
Your views and questions
We would like to hear your views and answer your questions about the proposal that Sir John Hunt Community Sports College should become an academy and join the Greenshaw Learning Trust.
Consultation meetings are being held where you can hear more about the proposal and ask questions:
- Staff of Sir John Hunt Community Sports Community College, Wednesday 5 May,
4.00pm to 4.45pm.
- Staff unions/stakeholders, Wednesday 5 May, 5.00pm to 5.45pm.
- Parents/carers of Sir John Hunt Community Sports Community College, Wednesday 5 May, 6.00pm to 7.00pm.
The consultation meetings will be held on Zoom and details will be emailed to stakeholders; if you have not received the details please contact: consultationMAT@sjhcsc.co.uk
There will be an opportunity to ask questions at the consultation meetings. However, questions and feedback can be raised in advance by:
- Completing the online response form here.
- Posting a response form in the ‘post-box’ in the school entrance foyer.
- Writing to: Consultation, Sir John Hunt Community Sports College, Lancaster Gardens, Whitleigh, Plymouth, PL5 4AA
- Email to: consultationMAT@sjhcsc.co.uk
Please let us have your views before 21 May 2021.
The proposal will require the approval of the Regional Schools Commissioner, acting on behalf of the Secretary of State for Education. Representations may be made by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your relationship to the school
- Your views on the proposal to transfer (insert name of school)
- If they have any alternative proposals
- Any other comments on the school’s future.