Our schools will be closed, with the exception of key workers' children and vulnerable children from Monday 23 March 2020. Please visit individual school websites here for further details.
It is important to stress that if children can safely stay at home they should do so. The Government guidelines are clear that the closure of schools is in place to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus. With fewer children travelling to school the risk of spreading the virus to vulnerable groups is reduced.
The following principles should be applied:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, they should be.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a key worker, then educational provision will be available for them.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as older people, friends, or family members with underlying health conditions.
- Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
- Residential special schools, boarding schools and special settings will continue to care for children wherever possible.
Who is considered a key worker is set out here.
Vulnerable children include children who are supported by social care, those with safeguarding and welfare needs, including children with a child-in-need plan or child protection plans, looked after children, young carers, disabled children and those with Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP).
In these unprecedented times, the Greenshaw Learning Trust remains fully committed to continuous learning for our students. Our schools’ students have been given access to virtual learning resources or packs to take home. If parents, carers or students have any questions regarding home learning access or resources please contact your school directly.
For the latest advice on COVID-19 please visit:
NHS Guidance here
Department for Education here
Department for Education advice for parents here