Bandon Hill Primary School
Bandon Hill Primary School proposes to become an academy and join the Greenshaw Learning Trust
The Governing Body of Bandon Hill Primary School in Sutton, South London, is proposing that the school should become an academy and join the Greenshaw Learning Trust, subject to due diligence and Regional School Commissioner approval.
The governors and school leaders have been carefully considering the future of Bandon Hill Meadow Field, Bandon Hill Wood Field and Bandon Hill Oak Field, for some time. They concluded that it would be in the best interests of the pupils, parents, staff and wider community of Bandon Hill for it to take advantage of the closer collaboration and stronger support it would get by being part of a multi-academy trust; and, having evaluated the options, that it should join the Greenshaw Learning Trust. Joining the Greenshaw Learning Trust will ensure that Bandon Hill receives the support it requires to enable it to continue on its journey of improvement.
The Greenshaw Learning Trust has a similar ethos to Bandon Hill. The Trust understands the community that Bandon Hill serves and the strengths and needs of its pupils, and has the skills and experience that will help the school give them the best preparation for eventual adulthood.
As part of the Greenshaw family of schools, Bandon Hill will benefit from and contribute to close collaboration within a community of like-minded schools – both primary and secondary – whilst retaining its character and its place at the heart of the local community.
If the proposals proceed to plan and the necessary formal arrangements are agreed between the school, the Greenshaw Learning Trust, the Department for Education and Sutton Council, the Governing Body hopes that Bandon Hill Primary School will join the Greenshaw Learning Trust on 1 July 2021.
You can read about the proposal in the leaflet here.
Your views and questions
We would like to hear your views and answer your questions about the proposal that Bandon Hill Primary School should become an academy and join the Greenshaw Learning Trust.
Consultation meetings are being held where you can hear more about the proposal and ask questions:
- For parents and carers of Bandon Hill Oak Field – Wednesday 10 March, 6-6.45pm
- For parents and carers of Bandon Hill Wood Field – Wednesday 10 March, 7-7.45pm
- For parents and carers of Bandon Hill Meadow Field – Thursday 11 March, 6-6.45pm
- For staff of Bandon Hill Oak Field – Tuesday 9 March, 3.15-4pm
- For staff of Bandon Hill Meadow Field – Tuesday 9 March, 4.15-5pm
- For staff of Bandon Hill Wood Field – Tuesday 9 March, 5.15-6pm
The consultation meetings will be held on Zoom. Details will be emailed to parents/carers and staff; if you have not received the details please contact email@example.com
There will be an opportunity to ask questions at the consultation meetings, however we welcome questions and feedback by:
- Completing the online response form here.
- Posting a response form in the ‘post-box’ in the entrance foyer of Bandon Hill Meadow Field, Oak Field or Wood Field.
- Writing to: Consultation, Bandon Hill Primary School, Stanley Park Road, Carshalton, SM5 3HW.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us have your views before 26 March 2021.
The proposal will require the approval of the Regional Schools Commissioner, acting on behalf of the Secretary of State for Education. Representations may be made by writing to RSC.SESL@education.gov.uk and include the following information:
- Your relationship to the school.
- Your views on the proposal to transfer (insert name of school).
- If they have any alternative proposals.
- Any other comments on the school’s future.